The direct commitment of senior management along with the participation of employees in this development of workplace health policies are a crucial prerequisite to the successful implementation of policies that should address the real needs on the working community.
The following main steps and/or activities should be considered in the development and enactment of workplace health management for the enterprise level:
· Develop this short policy statement from the supervisor or senior executive that explicitly states senior management’s commitment to help and acceptance of responsibility with the health management strategy within this company.
· Educate managers and workers within the impact of environmental, occupational and lifestyle factors on their health and social well-being and within the economic situation and competing ability on the company to facilitate their taking part in health management.
· Determine the role on the medical, nursing, environmental and safety experts along with professionals needed to assist from the implementation of the health management strategy from the company.
· Discuss economic appraisal of existing and projected results to health, safety, and environmental health on the activities of the company.
· Train staff in excellent management principles and standards for being used for the workplace health and fitness management system. These are much like those applied to quality assurance from the management of manufacturing, servicing or maybe marketing operations.
· Assure participation of management and employees from the development and implementation of workplace health management systems from the company.
· Develop adequate instruments for monitoring and evaluation connected with health, safety, social, economic and environmental outcomes to determine the impact on well-being of employees and competitiveness on the company.
· Introduce systematic internal auditing and evaluation so that you can make necessary adjustments to this workplace health management system on the company.
· External audit by way of recognized certifying body, if important.
Key steps in implementing work environment health Policies
The prerequisite for establishing beneficial practice in workplace health management in companies would be the conscious and creative support in addition to the fullest possible participation of senior citizen management, employees and their deal union representatives.
They would co-operate in the development on the workplace health policy and in its implementation with the assistance of appropriate experts, e. g. by occupational health services, environmental health and fitness services or health promotion firms, preferably from multidisciplinary preventive products and services. Quality management systems and central and external auditing is considered supportive to the creation and maintenance of any healthy enterprise. Leading companies are increasingly bringing in their health management and environment management into your overall corporate management system. The medical and environment policy of this company determines targets, define processes, and assure financial and recruiting necessary to act on the medical determinants and improve social and physical environments as a way to:
Create the greatest
gain with health and working ability for the entire staff, and if possible, also
with regards to families
Provide a safe and nutritious working environment for employees while preserving the final environment and health of people living away from the premises
provide healthy and environmentally friendly product or service
ensure human rights of the full staff.